Never Too Young (early elementary)
Never Too Young: Personal Finance for Young Learners, is a dynamic program for early elementary students designed to instill a real-world understanding of personal finance.
It's Never Too Young to learn about Money!
The program teaches young students about choices, scarcity, needs & wants, spend/save/share, budgeting, earning and the importance of cost-benefit analysis in making informed financial decisions. Hands-on activities and interactive lessons engage students to learn and practice good financial habits, now and in their future. The program culminates with the Money$mart, a game showcasing all of student's new skills, giving them the opportunity to practice concepts of Spend/Save/Share to be the first to make their money work for them.
KYD offers 3 ways to present our Financial Literacy Programs:
- In-person, in-classroom delivery by trained volunteer educators (1 week unit)
- Turn-key teacher-led audio-included program modules (5-8 days, depending on teacher's choice)
- Remote online interactive programs
Online remote and teacher-led programs are presented in slide form with optional voice-over audio; these programs are interactive and FUN!
All programs and lessons are customizable for your individual classroom needs.
Click here to see an excerpt from a lesson: Costs and Benefits
2020-21 School Year Performance Measurement: 2nd Grade
- Overall performance improvement: 21%
- Behavioral questions performance improvement: 21%
- Skills questions performance improvement: 23%